.. Pieces Of Me ..

September 03, 2010

The Apems : Martini Eka Wahyuni

Posted by THE PERTINACIOUS DREAMER at 10:48:00 PM

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. -- Bernard Meltzer
 To be frank, I never be 'the-popular-girl-at-school-type', who could make other students fall for her beauty and admire her appearance (everybody simply want to be her friends--cause your pride and prestige could raise in school social's life when you become friends with popular student), and who could easily steal everybody's attention. Nor 'the-fun-and-friendly-type', who could easily adapt to every new environment and take only 1 or 2 seconds to make new friends. I'm more like the-observer-type. Everytime I get in to new environment, I never talk much, I unconsciously put on my 'ignorant-face', and just taking some times to 'observe' new people surrounds me. (When I'm doing this.. people said that I look so arrogant & bitchy --LOL--). I kinda build an invisible wall surrounds me and wait for someone to climb it up and meet me on the other side to say "hi" to me. When I feel "click" with this person, I'm starting to take off layer after layer of my invisible wall and letting this person become a part of my world. This happened most of the times. And in college.. it was all started when Martini Eka Wahyuni tore down my wall by just asking "hey girl.. can I borrow your pen?" ^_^

<3 Martini Eka Wahyuni <3
Martini & Me at a wicker shop
She's my very 1st friend at college (we're studying German at Jakarta State University). From the moment she asked me to lend her a pen, I just knew that we could be such good friends. Our conversations grew easily. My other friends from college even thought that me and Martini already knew each other before entering the university. Cause we joke around a lot since the 1st day. Well it's because she's such a very fun and friendly kind of person. She's really open and make me feel comfy to hang out with her.
5 years has gone by & we still are friends ^_^.
Of course we had some fights too, a lil misunderstanding or a really bad mood could cause troubles between us. (yeh.. one of the things we have in common, we're moody & can be really sensitive + temperamental when we have bad moods) but of course, as best friends we always find a way to forgive each other. It's also because we're fair to each other, when we don't like something, we'll say it right away, we could be very sarcastic too, but after we let out the anger, we will leave the problem behind, consider it 'solved'. 
One thing that really irritates me sometimes, is when she mad. She will ignore the person who made her mad (haha.. really Tiny, I can't stand it when you're doing this LOL) act like that person didn't exist. But when it happens, I know just what to do : apologize & give her some time and space until her rage gone away, then she'll be fine again.. back to the fun and friendly Martini ^_^
@ Kelapa Gading Mall
She's my 'eating-partner' haha.. yeah we both love to eat so much, always play the role as 'trash bin' who 'responsible' to eat all the leftovers when our other best friends feel replete.. ;p and she's also my 'daydreaming-partner', we're fantasizing our future in a real funny way (marry a 'BULE' and live in Europe is one of the thing we fantasize -LOL-).
One thing I admire the most about her is, her kindness to the less fortunate people. She's helpful and generous. (still have in mind when she helped a blind man finding the right public transportation on a crowded terminal, and when she treat a beggar in college's cafeteria. Those are simple things that sadly happen quite seldom in Jakarta).

xoxo 
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Pertinacious Dreamer Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review